Friday, June 29, 2012

Ed Burns explains ideological drift

As I mull over the phenomenon of "textualist/originalist" jurists drifting to the left (and/or upward, for MB's benefit), it occurs to me that Ed Burns explained it perfectly in the Brothers McMullen


After her first tryst with the married Jack McMullen, temptress Ann asks him if he's ever cheated on Molly before.  "No," he replies.  Ann: "You won't find it so hard next time."  

Yes, John, you will be feted by the Washington Post, the President, and the Ivory Tower crowd today.  It will stroke your ego to ecstasy.

You won't find it so hard next time.

1 comments:

Fredo said...

BTW, forgive me if I didn't nail the quotes from the movie word for word. I've scoured the interwebs and can't seem to find them anywhere, so I'm using that faulty camera in my mind.

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Always sniffing for the truth

Always sniffing for the truth

Blog Archive